SMP Solar Montage & Planungsgesellschaft, or SMP Montage for short, is a specialist engineering service provider for the global solar industry.
Since 2008, the German company with its head office in Hamburg has been supplying the full range of construction services for large-scale PV projects of 100 kW and more – from site preparation and site set-up to excavation and civil engineering, from mechanical construction and frame assembly to electrical installation and cabling of solar modules to site management and construction logistics.The assembly process for maximum area utilisation in standalone PV parks, which has now been adopted as standard across the industry, was co-developed by SMP co-founder and technical director Marc-Bernd Schipper in 2007.
For the Dutch van der Valk Group, SMP Montage has built complex roof-mounted photovoltaic systems for their Alpincenter indoor skiing facilities in Wittenburg, Mecklenburg Western Pomerania, and Bottrop, Northrine Westphalia. At 640 m, the latter houses the longest indoor ski slope in the world.
SMP has been a long-standing realisation and innovation partner for leading European EPC service providers such as Solarcentury, ibvogt, e.on, Belctric and Conergy. In the summer of 2017, the total nominal output of projects completed by SMP was over 900 MWp.
Facts and figures on SMP Montage
SMP Montage was founded as SMP Solar Montage & Planungsgesellschaft mbH in Kiel by Michael Manfred Fischer and Marc-Bernd Schipper in 2008.
Michael Manfred Fischer (Chief Executive Officer)
Jan-Friedrich Frenzel (Chief Financial Officer)
Björn Blase (Chief Operating Officer)
SMP Solar Montage & Planungsgesellschaft mbH
Neuer Wall 18
Portfolio of services offered
• Terrain analysis and risk assessment, site preparation
• Construction site management and site logistics
• Individual construction of the frame, mechanical assembly
• Module assembly and cabling
• Electrical installation in the high- and low-voltage sectors
• Civil engineering and excavation construction
• Fence building
• Complete execution of your project until handover (turnkey solution)
In December 2016, German magazine FOCUS presented SMP Montage with their prestigious FOCUS Wachstumschampion 2017 award. SMP took 12th place in the Energy and Utilities category.
• Planning and construction of complex roof-mounted PV systems for the Durch van der Valk Group`s Alpincenter indoor ski slope facilities in Wittenburg, Western Pomerania, and Bottrop, Northrine Westphalia. The latter’s 640 m downhill piste is the longest indoor ski slope in the world
• Frame assembly, module mounting and on-site logistics at Crundale Solar Farm, Wales, at 52 hectares and a nominal output of 37 MWp the second largest standalone photovoltaic installation in the UK
• Mechanical construction of Berlin’s largest interconnected photovoltaic system at Wasserwerk Tegel (Tegel waterworks) with a nominal output of 560 kWp. Excavation, scaling and mounting had to be carried out entirely by hand and without the aide of machines because of the location of the facility in a drinking water protection area.
Osterstrasse 44, 20259 Hamburg
Telephone +49 40 300 317 02